Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A taste of the highlife

With 2017 turning out to be even more of a shitshow than 2016, I prescribe a dose of uniquely brilliant post-punk/highlife duo Sacred Paws as the best possible antidote. My review of their recent Cardiff show - the last date of a UK tour - with Spinning Coin and Neurotic Fiction is now up on the Buzz website.

The gig was jointly promoted by The Joy Collective and All My Friends (the latter could quite feasibly be an alternative moniker for Sacred Paws) - two names that I'll be looking out for in future.

Sunday may have been my first visit to Undertone, but I felt immediately at home. It's not quite as scuzzy as the Cellar in Oxford, and the lack of anything on draught was disappointing, but I do love intimate subterranean venues.

No comments: