Monday, June 08, 2015

Notes on notes

As a music fan who (like a lot of people) feels he might have a book in him, the open call for proposals for new titles in Bloomsbury's 33 1/3 series is very tempting - but I'm just not sure I could find the time to put one together, let alone write the book itself in time for the deadline of next year.

Even if I could, was sufficiently qualified and had read other titles in the series to familiarise myself with the general approach, there would be the dilemma of which album to choose. Sonic Youth's Dirty would probably be my first choice, but there's already a book on Daydream Nation (albeit one that has received a lot of negative reviews) and mine would be likely to end up covering similar ground. Perhaps Arcade Fire's Funeral, Low's The Great Destroyer or Eels' Daisies Of The Galaxy instead?

(Thanks to Ian for the link.)

No comments: