Thursday, April 17, 2014

Quote of the day

"My relationship with my muse is a delicate one at the best of times and I feel that it is my duty to protect her from influences that may offend her fragile nature. She comes to me with the gift of song and in return I treat her with the respect I feel she deserves - in this case this means not subjecting her to the indignities of judgement and competition. My muse is not a horse and I am in no horse race and if indeed she was, still I would not harness her to this tumbrel - this bloody cart of severed heads and glittering prizes. My muse may spook! May bolt! May abandon me completely!"

Nick Cave rejects his nomination for Best Male Artist at the 1996 MTV Awards in style, in a missive featured on the ever-excellent Letters Of Note.

(Thanks to Miranda for the link.)

No comments: