Friday, April 24, 2009

Quote of the day

"February 25: Metallica play the Ice Arena, resulting in the greatest Evening Post forum quote ever, from 'Brian of Grantham': 'the best 2 bands in the world r guns n roses and metallica and seein gnr at milton keynes in 93 (with long hair) was possibly the best day of my life ... the 2nd best day was when i saw metallica at download 2006 (again with long hair) ... I've now had my hair cut off as i got it caught in a tractor last september'".

Courtesy of the diary section of Nottingham's premier cultural publication, Left Lion.

Aw, the East Midlands. I miss it. Just hearing the accent on this week's frankly rubbish installment of The Secret Millionaire got me all misty-eyed. Looking forward to a night out there over the Bank Holiday weekend, though I suspect there'll be some moping around outside what used to be Selectadisc too.

2 comments:

Del said...

When Metallica headlined Reading last year, I was in the Dance Tent watching CSS. No regrets...

Ben said...

Don't think I would have either, though hearing some of the stuff off Master Of Puppets might have been good.