Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Here comes the sun?

Hurrah! Less than a week shy of the 14th March deadline for applications, I've received confirmation that my registration for a Glastonbury ticket has been successful. Obviously it still all hangs on having a bit of good fortune during the usual ticket-buying scrum itself, which takes place on Sunday 6th April this year, but I may yet be going to the ball.

A good thing, too, given that my recent gig-going record has been piss-poor (missed The Futureheads last Thursday due to the early start for Krakow the next day, will be passing up the chance to see The Fall again on Monday in favour of witnessing Newcastle's latest defeat) and that circumstances dictate that I'll be missing out on both Latitude and Green Man (the latter with Super Furry Animals, Beirut, The National, Black Mountain and School Of Language already among the confirmed acts). At least Supersonic doesn't clash with Latitude this year, and the bill for the Birmingham bash - featuring Battles, Efterklang, Fuck Buttons, Noxagt and Oxbow amongst others - is shaping up quite nicely.

And if I do score a Glasto ticket, it'll mean quite a June - we've just booked a fortnight's jaunt to the land of tinnies, cork hats and Alf Stewart for earlier that month...

2 comments:

Simon said...

I did wonder if you'd considered End Of The Road, actually - Low, Dirty Three, Mercury Rev and so forth.

Ben said...

Very much considering it now, yes, thanks. The merest mention of Low was enough to get me interested...