Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In the footsteps of giants

(Please excuse the self-congratulatory nature of what follows...)

Writing online is all very well, isn't it, but the holy grail is getting into print. Physical rather than virtual. On paper rather than on screen.

So it gave me great pleasure to discover I could claim to be following in the footsteps of some of my blogging heroes (don't blush chaps) by getting a contribution included in this book. (I'm in good company, too, what with Paul and Jonathan also amongst the contributors.)

'Wor Al: A Fans' Tribute To Alan Shearer' doesn't officially hit the shelves until 14th August, but thanks to the nice chaps at the book's publishers Tonto Press I already have a copy - and very decent it is too.

So, the next target is the book contract. Er, yeah. Somehow I think it'll be a long time before I'm admiring the arses of members of the opposite sex who are in turn admiring copies of my book on display in Borders...

No comments: