Thursday, June 09, 2005

Putting Brum on the blogging map

Calling all Birmingham-based bloggers...

Earlier this week an email dropped into my inbox courtesy of a passing reader, Stu. Stu had noticed that both myself and Phill of Danger! High Postage were based in Birmingham, and floated the idea of setting up a collaborative Metrobloggers blog for the city.

Now, I've not been very impressed with what I've seen of other Metrobloggers sites, and I know a certain someone who would be rather less charitable about the writers for the London version as well as the Metrobloggers head honcho Sean Bonner. But the idea of contributing to a collaborative blog does appeal - so long as it isn't under the umbrella of Metrobloggers.

So, just to gauge interest and feasibility, who would be up for it? Andy's list of Brum bloggers is pretty impressive, so I know there are plenty of you out there. In the words of Delia Smith, let's be 'avin' ya!

(Of course, I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, so if a collaborative Brummie blog already exists then just let me know.)

No comments: