Friday, October 18, 2013

Quote of the day

"Over my 10-year career I've worked on MTV, 4Music, and hosted the V, Homelands, iTunes and Isle of Wight music festivals. I've hosted radio shows on XFM and Capital FM, and like to think I have learnt a thing or two about music."

Thus begins Dave Berry's list of "the ten albums every man should own" for the Telegraph, a list which indicates that, on the contrary, he hasn't learnt anything - and which confirms why my antipathy towards music radio will not be wavering any time soon.

Besieged by critical comments, Berry has since claimed in his defence that he was only responding to the Telegraph's request so implying that the paper is partly to blame, but it was a request he was only too happy to respond to and there are no excuses for that pile of largely anodyne shite he declared was essential.

(Thanks to Abbie for the link.)

No comments: