Thursday, May 08, 2008

Feel good hits of the 8th May

1. 'Out Of Reaches' - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
2. 'Night Of The Lotus Eaters' - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
3. 'It's Summertime' - The Flaming Lips
4. 'My Way' - Frank Sinatra
5. 'Dudley' - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6. 'Soft Sugar' - Noxagt
7. 'Great Waves' - Dirty Three feat. Cat Power
8. 'Olv 26' - Stereolab
9. 'Zionist Timing' - Aereogramme
10. 'Objects Of My Affection' - Peter, Bjorn & John

I should add that, strictly speaking, it wasn't Frank Sinatra's version that stuck in my head - it was the karaoke effort belted out by the snaggle-toothed old chap who held a drunken crowd spellbound in the Black Bull in Morpeth on Sunday night. Make that seven things I didn't expect to see over the course of the Bank Holiday weekend...

Meanwhile, another song from Real Emotional Trash tops the pile. At this rate, I can see every song putting in an appearance at the summit of future installments of FGH -it's hands-down my favourite album of the year so far.

No comments: