Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Mercury Music Prize 2007 nominees: some questions

1. Is there really such a dearth of good new British music that Favourite Worst Nightmare can be among the contenders?
2. Wouldn't it be ace if Bat For Lashes won?
3. The Young Knives' Voices Of Animals And Men - not quite consistent enough, or worth an outside bet?
4. Klaxons? KLAXONS?!
5. The View?! You're 'avin a laugh, aintcha?!

As for Maps, reading that his music "has been compared to My Bloody Valentine and Spiritualised" is enough for me to want a taste...

3 comments:

Ian said...

Worst Mercury list I've seen yet.

As for Maps, some of it is very good but it's too same-y.

Jonathan said...

I've just got New Young Pony Club's album. First impression is not bad. Might be a good choice. As for the others - there's some shit on the table as always, but that's unfortunately inevitable.

Del said...

I'm just over the moon that Mika wasn't nominated.