Tuesday, September 13, 2022

20 not out

As ridiculous as it seems (to me, at least), today this site is two decades old. Yes - 20 years of invective, opinion and nonsense. 8,093 posts.

Looking back, I was a relatively early adopter when it came to blogging. The world has long since moved on, blogs are considered quaint relics of the pre-Facebook/Twitter era, and a middle-aged man with a blog is now regarded as almost - or perhaps equally - as tragic as one with a podcast (been there, done that too...).

I may have other outlets for my writing these days (Buzz, principally) so posting has become a little less frequent, and I'm acutely aware of how blogging is at root an undeniably egotistical pursuit. But it remains both a personal compulsion and a genuine source of pleasure, so Silent Words Speak Loudest still has life left in it yet.

No comments: