Thursday, July 26, 2012

Playing by the rules

With the Olympics underway now that the women's football has kicked off, how's about a couple of links summing up my general level of enthusiasm for the whole shebang?

First, here's Stewart Lee concocting one of his classic fake anecdotes to satirise the Olympics brand police. Apparently they're monitoring so-called ambush marketing and are policing the use of the words "gold", "silver", "bronze" and "summer", amongst others, claiming those who don't have the right to do so "are effectively depriving the Games of revenue". Someone please tell me I've fallen asleep and woken up in some kind of Orwellian dystopia.

And second, I doff my hat to the Great British Public for their wonderful reviews of the official Wenlock policeman figurine.

(Thanks to Darryl and Dave for the links.)

No comments: