Monday, December 06, 2010

Slow riot for new zero Minehead

So, sigh - that's another splendid ATP weekend over. I lift my skinny fist like an antenna to heaven in thanks to those inscrutable Canadians Godspeed You! Black Emperor for pulling together a more eclectic bill than usual which featured few of the usual suspects other than ATP's own Bardo Pond and Deerhoof. Over the course of the weekend we were exposed to black metal (Wolves In The Throne Room), folk-gothic (Marissa Nadler), African r'n'b (Awesome Tapes From Africa), electro-terrorism (Black Dice), Dutch punk (The Ex) and parody pop (the incomparable Weird Al Yankovic).

Write-up featuring all of the above as well as pasties, water slides and films about Nigerian midget gangsters to follow once I've cleared the current backlog. In the meantime, though, I'm just trying to feel normal again - the customary comedown hardly being helped by a quick trawl through my work inbox and my football club self-imploding once again...

No comments: