Saturday, February 21, 2009

Know Your Enemy

Two today, both from the world of music...

"My father is a despicable man ... a sort of human molester. An exploiter. A scoundrel. A world historical motherfucking son of a bitch."

David Berman of recently disbanded The Silver Jews on his dearly beloved daddy.

"It will be worth being dead just to get away from Victoria Beckham."

Morrissey sets about promoting new album Years Of Refusal in his own time-honoured tradition - with a few choice comments.

Both quotes came from the latest issue of The Stool Pigeon, a copy of which I picked up on Tuesday night. Good stuff, on the whole, and lots of interesting-sounding bands to investigate (Vivian Girls, Salem, Dalek) but within the first few pages I'd already come across references to two different musical genres I've never heard of before, skweee and bassline. If the intention was to make me feel old and out-of-touch, guys, then mission accomplished...

No comments: