Sunday, January 13, 2008

Feel good hits of the 13th January

1. 'Disaster' - The Besnard Lakes
2. 'Transmission' - Joy Division
3. 'KHTC' - Hreda
4. 'Limbs' - Emma Pollock
5. 'Look At That Cloud' - Vessels
6. 'Only Shallow' - My Bloody Valentine
7. 'This Charming Man' - The Smiths
8. 'The Living End' - The Jesus & Mary Chain
9. 'This Is Love' - PJ Harvey
10. 'The Rebel On His Own Tonight' - Malcolm Middleton & Alan Bissett

As usual, a reflection of what I've been up to lately. Reports on Thursday's Vessels / Hreda gig and 'Control' (which I finally saw today) to follow this coming week, while 'This Is Love' cropped up in 'Wedding Belles', the TV film written by Irvine Welsh which we watched on Friday night.

Thanks to Ken for furnishing me with the Besnard Lakes album (apparently not even their label Jagjaguwar have any copies at the moment!). I've also just got In Rainbows, so I can catch up with what you were all listening to months ago...

No comments: