Friday, March 18, 2016

Quote of the day

"I got into doing beats for the video games I used to try to make. My game was very sexual. The main character was, like, a giant penis. It was like Mario Brothers, but the ghosts were, like, vaginas. Mind you, I'm 12 years old, and this is stuff 30-year-olds are programming. You'd have to draw in and program every little step—it literally took me all night to do a step, 'cause the penis, y'know, had little feet and eyes."

Kanye West, "giant penis". Nope, I just can't seem to join the dots...

On a related note, the Guardian's Graeme Virtue has offered a guide to coming up with a decent album title - West's The Life Of Pablo being an arch example of how not to do it, of course. It's good to see that someone else thinks the name of the new Primal Scream record, Chaosmosis, is bloody terrible, but I wonder what St Vincent would have to say about his insistence that only debut albums should be eponymously titled (Pitchfork's Lindsay Zoladz would definitely disagree).

(Thanks to Greg for the first link.)

No comments: