Wednesday, July 01, 2015

"HE RAPS"

Despite my best efforts, it proved impossible to avoid the coverage of Glastonbury entirely. One thing I did glean is that Kanye West received a decidedly mixed reaction. One of those who apparently couldn't be bothered with the self-proclaimed "greatest living rock star on the planet" (he's not noted for his modesty) was the BBC's subtitle writer, who essentially shrugged his shoulders and gave up.

I have no time for West, but had I had a Glastonbury ticket I wouldn't have signed the petition protesting against his appearance for the simple reason that the identity of the Pyramid Stage headliners never matters - there's so much else going on. Anyone wanting to avoid West had the choice of seeing The Mothership Returns (George Clinton, Parliament, Funkadelic & The Family Stone), Jon Hopkins and Leftfield amongst many, many others. So if you don't like West, there was no need whatsoever to go and indulge his gargantuan ego.

(Thanks to Martin for the link.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As well as Suede, they were excellent on BBC4

Ben said...

Sorry, I bloody hate Suede (and have seen them live to prove it to myself) - hence why they weren't mentioned...

Unknown said...

Love their first two albums, bernard butler was on fire. After that they went pish.