Thursday, August 30, 2012

Missing the mud

I'm currently suffering from a bad case of festival envy. First it was being tempted into looking through photos from this year's Green Man (amazingly, it appears to have been largely dry - sod's law, given that I wasn't there...). And then it was being asked by a friend to browse the line-up for next weekend's Bestival and recommend some must-sees - the list was upsettingly long.

Still, festival season isn't over just yet and consolation is near at hand in the form of Saturday's cheap-as-chips 1-2-3-4. The Buzzcocks and Iceage are the big draws personally speaking, but I'll be watching out for a clutch of others (including Dirty Beaches, Crocodiles, The Pre New, Von Haze, Bo Ningen and friend-of-a-friend's outfit Skeletons On Holiday) and will hopefully unearth some new favourites. It's just a case of whether I've got a sufficiently stout constitution to stomach being surrounded by Shoreditch twats all day...

1 comment:

skif said...

"It's just a case of whether I've got a sufficiently stout constitution to stomach being surrounded by Shoreditch twats all day..."

I'm living in the hipsterland hinterland, so I hope you don't mean me! ;-)

Although naturally, I hope my over-size spectacles and waxed bumfluff 'tache won't ruin your day.