Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quote of the day

"And I went, 'Fuck off! Fucking hell, man, in the time you've done another record we can't find two notes that we like that we can put together.' And we can't. And then we get really scared of trying it."

Portishead's Geoff Barrow recounts bumping into Thom Yorke at Paddington Station and discovering that Radiohead have just wrapped up King Of Limbs.

Another amusing confession comes from Adrian Utley, who claims: "I made myself deaf listening to the Polly Harvey record recently. I listened to it twice full knacker in the car and nearly deafened myself". Quite a feat - Let England Shake isn't exactly Dry or Rid Of Me...

I'm increasingly gutted on missing out on I'll Be Your Mirror, what with that awesome line-up and very belatedly discovering the Bristolians' 'Machine Gun'...

No comments: