Monday, January 03, 2011

Snap happy

No idea how I'd never come across a copy before, but I spent much of yesterday poring over The Photo Book - simply brilliant, both in the selection and variety of photographers and images and also in the accompanying text, which illuminates the images by explaining their subject matter, the circumstances of their composition and/or the stylistic predilections of their creators. An essential addition to my bookshelves, methinks - though it all makes me bemoan the lack of cash to invest in an SLR...

Incidentally, thanks to Simon for pointing me in the direction of the Boston Globe's Big Picture site, which presents superb sets of photos from around the world on a regular basis. Their three-part series of 2010 in pictures (here, here and here) is a great starting point.

No comments: