Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feel good hits of the 11th September

1. 'Mary Christ' - Sonic Youth
2. 'Sad Eyes' - Bat For Lashes
3. '23 Beats Off' - Fugazi
4. 'Mistaken For Strangers' - The National
5. 'Aly, Walk With Me' - The Raveonettes
6. 'Feiticeira' - Deftones
7. 'For Reverend Green' - Animal Collective
8. 'Miner' - No Age
9. 'Small Children In The Background' - Mogwai
10. 'Kids' - MGMT

I don't normally get infected by earworms I don't like, but 'Kids' is an exception - thanks for that, Top Man instore radio...

A few listens into The National's Boxer, bought on the strength of their Glasto performance and a number of personal recommendations, but I'm still not 100% convinced. It's a grower, though, I suspect.

1 comment:

Del said...

I don't want to like MGMT, especially after their Astoria show which was lacklustre, self indulgent and genuinely embarrassing in places. But Kids is genuine pop gold. Which is annoying.