Friday, May 02, 2008

Feel good hits of the 1st May

What, so soon? Yup, I've been listening to a lot of music this week, though not all of it new...

1. 'Dragonfly Pie' - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
2. 'Victory Gardens' - The Icarus Line
3. 'Bright Tomorrow' - Fuck Buttons
4. 'Lime Tree' - Bright Eyes
5. 'The Story Of Jazz' - Yo La Tengo
6. 'Get Innocuous!' - LCD Soundsystem
7. 'Superman' - Peggy Sue & The Pirates
8. 'The Stations' - The Gutter Twins
9. 'Who's Gonna Find Me' - The Coral
10. 'Crimewave' - Crystal Castles

Some brief notes:

Boy oh boy is the Malkmus album good.

I think I had a bit of a Eureka moment with Bright Eyes' Cassadaga tonight. The same can't be said of The Coral's Roots & Echoes, which continues to underwhelm hugely. Where did it all go wrong?

Anyone else found themselves earworming #6 as a result of the ad for 'Grand Theft Auto IV'?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an excellent track listing, great quality.

Del said...

In answer to your question. Yes. Yes. And thrice yes. I really want the game too. The GTA series is about the only videogame I play. But I can't afford to buy a whole new system just to play a new, prettier version. Regrettably, that won't necessarily mean I won't buy it anyway...

Whooop for Crystal Castles. Will investigate Malkmus.