Friday, February 08, 2008

You know it's not your night when...

...instead of enjoying the experience of hearing and seeing Black Francis and Art Brut live, you're being subjected to the hold music on Halifax's Lost/Stolen Credit Card hotline. £15 straight down the drain - just hope that's all it is, though, given I've a strong suspicion the incident of card misplacement happened this morning when I was renewing my monthly rail pass at Didcot Station. That'll teach me not to try doing anything when still half-asleep.

Still, I've got a belting weekend in a great venue to look forward to (you really can't go wrong with a wood-burning stove, table tennis table and the gorgeous Brecon Beacons location), as well as the Glasvegas gig next Tuesday. Might even go and see Polysics on Monday, too, by way of compensation...

4 comments:

Ian said...

Well that sucks. Hope you didn't get ripped off...

Anonymous said...

"Might even go and see Polysics on Monday, too, by way of compensation..."

They do have hugely impressive compensatory powers.

Del said...

What an arse. I saw Art Brut on Tuesday in London, and they were very good. So shame you missed that. Planning to see Glasvegas myself tonight, but it's tickets on the door, and I'd imagine pretty much every indie kid in London will be competing with me...

Ben said...

Ian: Nope, I'd left the card where I thought I had, so the whole debacle's cost me no more than the £15 for the gig ticket and my own sense of dignity...

RussL: Hmm, still tempted by Polysics but I could really do with a quiet night in. We'll see...

Del: Already got the Glasvegas ticket, so that shouldn't be a problem. Think it's a sell-out, though. Would be interested to hear what you make of them.