Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fixed

Broken Social Scene are coming to Oxford in May - hurrah!

Now, four music-related questions:

1. Why did I pass up the opportunity to see Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit at the Jericho Tavern tonight only to spend another night in wallowing in my creative rut?

2. Is seeing A Silver Mt Zion and No Age in London on school nights worth all the extra hassle and expense?

3. Should I buy the new Dead Meadow album first, or Neptune by The Duke Spirit, or This Gift by Sons And Daughters, or something else entirely?

4. Just how good is The Besnard Lakes Are The Dark Horse? Every song seems to be taking it in turns as an Earworm Of The Day - for most of last week it was 'For Agent 13', but since Saturday it's been 'Cedric's War' (can't get enough of the Beach Boys finale...).

Answers on a postcard...

4 comments:

ian said...

3. I'd go for the Duke Spirit or Sons and Daughters. Hence, based on our disparate musical tastes, I think you should go for Dead Meadow

Ian said...

I, uh, haven't heard the Besnard Lakes yet.

Del said...

Sons and Daughters album is good, but not great. I'm personally more looking forward to getting my grubby mits on the Duke Spirit. Don't know Dead Meadow, so can't pass comment.

Ben said...

The fact is I'm going to get all three (though I've just read a not-particularly-enthusiastic review of the Dead Meadow album - perhaps I'd be better off getting Feathers first).