Thursday, January 03, 2008

Look to the future

Happy New Year folks!

Hope your plans for New Year's Eve celebrations weren't unfortunately curtailed by a nasty bout of food poisoning - not a good way to end 2007. Jen's on the mend now, though, and at least I got the opportunity to catch up on the fourth series of 'Peep Show' in its entirety. (Speaking of catching up with things, I can see myself making an awful lot of use of the BBC's new i-Player...)

Resolutions for 2008 as far as Silent Words Speak Loudest is concerned? Get the Best Of 2007 lists sorted first and foremost - but, beyond that, more frequent and shorter posts, more book-related posts, more photos... Though there may well be fewer gig reviews (and fewer festival reports - I'm not likely to get to three again this year), there should be more in the way of travel diaries, what with trips to Poland, Slovenia and Italy lined up as well as the possibility of Mauritius and/or Australia.

In the meantime, though, it's back to work tomorrow. At least the weekend's only two days away...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More photos? You mean there are already some photos sometimes? I will have to start paying more attention...

I have that resolution about shorter and more often posts as well (although I haven't been rash enough to post it, or for that reason anything else) on Crinklybee yet. Let's see if we can both spur each other on in 2008 (you have been spurring me on since 2004, you know...)

All the best

Jonathan

Ben said...

Yes, broadcasting a resolution is one way of ensuring you stick to it - well, either that or suffer the shame of failure... To be honest, your style suits longer posts better - don't go a-changin' is what I say.

There have been a few photos, yes - not many, and all centred around festival write-ups and the New York / Toronto diary from October, but a few nonetheless. It doesn't help that I haven't got a digital camera of my own, but I've got into the habit of just borrowing other people's photos...