Monday, April 10, 2006

Push it

At the weekend we welcomed our second set of house guests since moving to Cardiff. If I say that, in the course of their stay, bodily fluids of (nearly) all descriptions flowed freely you might get the impression that it was some kind of insane orgy of drunkenness and debauchery. But you'd be wrong - for one of our guests was a mere six weeks old.

A charming fellow he is too, though not a great conversationalist and prone to dozing off at regular intervals. Not entirely sure I can forgive him for the hour of my life I spent in a warehouse-sized Mothercare on Saturday, but at least it gave me an insight into JonnyB's world (albeit only a part of it - I didn't encounter Short Tony, the Methodical Builder or the Vegetable Delivery Lady there, or at least I don't think I did).

Much of the weekend's talk was, incidentally, about delivery. The proud parents had prepared a CD to play during the birth, but in the heat of the moment forgot to take it to the hospital. Republica's 'Ready To Go' featured, but there weren't any other "topical" songs. Salt 'N' Pepa's 'Push It' should definitely have been on there, but my favourite suggestion, 'Baby, It's Cold Outside', might not have had the desired effect, convincing Junior to stay put.

Any other suggestions?

No comments: