Thursday, April 27, 2006

Feel good hits of the 26th April

1. 'Snakes' - Autons
2. 'Man' - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3. 'Fear Of Sleep' - The Strokes
4. 'Mudwig Bahnoff' - You & The Atom Bomb
5. 'The Rat' - The Walkmen
6. 'Penelope Rose' - The Invisible Clock Factory
7. 'Into My Arms' - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
8. 'My Face Isn't Sally's' - Project: Venhell
9. 'God Only Knows' - The Beach Boys
10. 'Gravity In Crisis' - The Longcut

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know 'Man' isn't on Show Your Bones, which I've been listening to a lot lately - but it's just been going round in my head incessantly. A bad sign as regards the merits of the newie? Perhaps - it's going to take me a bit longer to get to grips with it, I think. If I had to pick a stand-out at the moment, it would be between 'Gold Lion', 'Phenomena' and 'Turn Into'.

There'll be more on The Invisible Clock Factory here shortly, so watch this space (as they say), and as for Autons - congratulations on their first appearance in NME. It's unlikely to be their last.

No comments: