Monday, January 30, 2006

Westward the wagons

So, less than a year and a half after arriving in Birmingham, I'm on the move again.

Since swapping East Midlands for West, I've actually become rather attached to a city of which I really wasn't fond. In part this is because I've been actively seeking out and finding places and things to like about the city, as documented in the Reasons To Be Cheerful series (links below). The biggest miss? The Anchor and the Farmers' Market come close, but it has to be Cafe Soya.

But, as the old saying goes, it's who you're with that often matters most, and my new-found appreciation for Birmingham is inextricably connected with those I've met here, including Phill, Kate, Kenny and Andy. Friendly, sociable, well-adjusted bloggers? It's almost unheard of.

The next stop on the SWSL UK Tour is Cardiff. Unfortunately I'm anticipating being without internet access for at least a week following tomorrow's move, so there won't be anything new appearing here for a while. I'm sure you'll all survive.

When I return, expect the usual mix of reviews, links and self-righteous blathering, as well as a new Reasons To Be Cheerful series about Cardiff - but until then, take care. See you on the other side (of the border).

Reasons To Be Cheerful:
#1 - Birmingham Book Festival
#2 - The Bartons Arms
#3 - Cold Rice
#4 - The Farmers' Market / The Frankfurt Christmas Market
#5 - Clare Short MP
#6 - The Sunflower Lounge
#7 - The Electric Cinema
#8 - The REP
#9 - Pork scratchings
#10 - The Anchor Inn
#11 - Cafe Soya
#12 - Guest Contributor Special
#13 - The Actress & Bishop
#14 - The Wellington

No comments: