Friday, July 08, 2005

Christmas come early

There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you take delivery of a fuckbunch of new CDs. I went on a bit of a post-Glasto spree, inspired by what I'd heard over the course of the festival:

The Coral - The Invisible Invasion
Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
The Dresden Dolls - The Dresden Dolls
Sons And Daughters - The Repulsion Box

I thought I'd better give the latter LP a chance despite their disappointing showing down on Worthy Farm, simply because I really liked last year's mini-album Love The Cup.

But my purchases weren't limited by what I'd witnessed. I also picked up the new albums from Stephen Malkmus (Face The Truth) and Sleater-Kinney (The Woods) and the debut EP from The Arcade Fire, which I didn't even know existed until Chris enlightened me at Glasto.

Someone else who's been listening to the Stephen Malkmus and Sleater-Kinney albums is Kenny - you can read his assessments of them - as well as recent releases by New Order, The Duke Spirit, Electrelane and Teenage Fanclub - here.

No comments: