Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Criminal Records #3

'Cats In The Cradle' - Ugly Kid Joe

OK, OK, just give me the whipping and the hair shirt now and let's get it over with. Do I really have to write about this? Where I got this from I don't know. What I do know is that there's absolutely no excuse. As for most of those unfortunate to remember them, Ugly Kid Joe first cast their bad-metal shadow over my consciousness with their song 'Everything About You' (chorus: "I hate everything about you"), a sort of sub-Tenacious D track, if that's possible. 'Cats In The Cradle' was the excruciatingly bad soft-rock follow-up single where they tried to go all serious and sensitive. In an extraordinary move, lead singer Whitfield Crane went on to replace Keith Caputo as vocalist of former hardcore mob Life Of Agony. Unsurprisingly, it didn't work out. Anyway, 'Cats In The Cradle' - it's an appalling song, and I'm truly, truly sorry if I've inadvertently awaken bad memories. Just be glad that I haven't tried to inflict an MP3 of it on y'all...

No comments: