Wednesday, November 13, 2002

One-nil to the Olav

A couple of weeks ago I voiced my disgust at what NME is turning into, but confessed to still feeling utterly compelled to buy it week in week out. It's like since I gave up my teenage Kerrang! crush and fell hopelessly in love with NME, it's changed and a distance has opened up between us. There are times when a simple divorce seems preferable (I'll take the On section and the pitifully short Godspeed! album reviews, you can keep the bloated news section, the lazy journalism and the undignified salivating over The Vines) but then they'll sling in a Cave In article or a Fugazi live review as a reminder of happier times past and a tantalising promise of potentially happier times to come - which in the back of my mind I know will go unfulfilled. Anyway, all this blathering is only to direct you to the more carefully considered and (in the main) spot-on thoughts of the mighty wordsmith Olav Bjortomt. Be warned, though - that boy suffers from some SERIOUS blog diarrhoea.

No comments: