Thursday, July 21, 2022

Audio books

It's hard to imagine a podcast that could possibly be more up my street than the latest venture from White Rabbit. Not content with parting me from my money on a very regular basis by publishing a succession of fascinating-sounding music books (new titles by music PR legend Barbara Charone and journalist Ted Kessler merely the latest to grab my attention), they've announced the launch of Songbook, which sees one of the imprint's most recently published authors, Jude Rogers, and a series of special guests "discuss a classic music book and celebrate the thrill of great music writing".

For White Rabbit, the idea seems like a bit of a no-brainer; for me, it's the podcast I've been waiting for to finally get me addicted to the form.

The first episode is up online today, featuring Brett Anderson talking about Fred and Judy Vermorel's Starlust: The Secret Fantasies Of Fans. Whether or not you're a fan of Anderson (and I'm not), you can guarantee it'll be worth tuning in.

No comments: