Sunday, July 21, 2013

If food is the love of music, play on

I'll be honest, I've not heard of many of the musicians featured in this article but I like the look of a lot of their recipes. Bourbon apple pie, "a slightly more 'rock and roll' version that grownups can appreciate"? Hell yes!

I love the fact that Jason Rueger of Country Mice portrays himself as an intrepid American boldly trying "a traditional English 'pub grub' dish" for the first time. Bangers and mash are apparently best enjoyed after tequilas and with the musical accompaniment of Link Wray. Not sure what "A1 sauce" is, but if it's not gravy, then they're doing it wrong.

The recipe contributed by Bret Constantino of Sleepy Sun sounds particularly mouthwatering - I've never even heard of lamb bacon before, but perhaps I just need to sniff out my "local charcuterie".

Best recipe of the lot, though, goes to Steve "Lips" Kudlow of Anvil, whose effort is typically no-nonsense: oven fries buried under cheap bolognese and melted mozzarella. Haute cuisine? Anvil don't give two shits.

(Thanks to Dave for the link.)

No comments: