Monday, March 25, 2013

Know Your Enemy

"Any quarter-decent three-chord knobheads could and did get a deal in the '90s. I won't name names because it would be unfair on... Echobelly, Shed 7, Symposium, Menswear, Sleeper, Hurricane Number 1, Ride, The Bluetones, Northern Uproar, Chapterhouse, Curve, Salad, Adorable, Cud, Spacehog, Kula Shaker, The Audience, Powder, King Maker and Geneva. ... Should I go on? Cos I could and they sure fucking did."

He may just be the fat dancer from Take That, but Robbie Williams speaketh the truth, my friends. Which reminds me - my review of John Harris' The Last Party is long overdue.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

A decent point, but I can't help but remember that this is coming from the man that wrote and performed Rude Box. Which I consider to be one of the worst songs of all time. On a par with Lady Godiva's room by Simply Red.