Saturday, March 23, 2013

Know Your Enemy

"I saw the drummer from Muse smoking an electronic cigarette. A cigarette with a battery in. I had to say to him: ‘Really? Really? Is that where you are at? Do me a favour, mate, either have a proper one outside, or don’t have one.’ It lit up green when he had a drag of it. Nonsense. He said that immortal line – ‘Oh you know how it is, mate’. And I said ‘I’m sorry, mate, I actually don’t.’"

Sorry Noel, are you suggesting that Dom Howard is a wuss for not smoking real cigarettes? That would certainly be an odd stance for someone curating this year's Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall concerts...

That said, it would be no more odd than the prospect of Gallagher Sr joining forces with his old Britpop foes Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon, as he's set to do tonight. Also on the bill is Gruff Rhys, whose Super Furry Animals happened to be among the most enthusiastic purchasers of Mogwai's infamous "Blur: Are Shite" T-shirts of the late 90s - I wonder if he'll be sporting his?

No comments: