Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"Leafblowers: is there anything more futile?"

Hearty thanks to Audioscope - mainly for Saturday's superb value all-dayer (review to appear here sometime, honest), but also for introducing me to the quite incredible 'I Can't Get Behind That'. How I'd never heard of a collaboration between William Shatner, Ben Folds, Henry Rollins, the guitarist from King Crimson, a mentalist drummer, I have absolutely no idea...

Turns out that Rollins has spoken about the whole experience (starts here and continues here).

1 comment:

skif said...

Ah yes, Jenny has the album that's on. Must admit I was a little surprised when I heard her listening to Henry Rollins one day.

After we saw him do a 90 minute show at Edinburgh a couple of years back, Jenny bought me a Rollins spoken word DVD.

The directors cut of that single night is 3.5 hours long and he barely takes a breath.

Needless to say, unlike the poor souls on the film who look like they are all wishing they'd brought seat cushions after about the 2hr mark, I approached it over several shifts.