Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dereliction of duty

A very poor show, I know, but I'm going to have to leave the Glasto diary unfinished for a week or so. Not the plan, honest, but that stealthy beast time has crept up on me unawares again and I could really do with going to bed before 3am for a change. But then I shouldn't be complaining given that I'm about to embark on my third holiday in the space of a month and a half...

Tomorrow we head to London, and thence to Paris, Munich, Vienna and Ljubljana, ending up at Lake Bled on Thursday in time for a wedding on Friday. I'd like to think I won't feel the compulsion to keep a travel diary to write up on our return, but best not make any promises, eh?

Toodle-pip, au revoir and auf Wiedersehen. And whatever "goodbye" is in Slovenian.

2 comments:

LB said...

Lake Bled (and Slovenia in general, actually) is one of my favourite places On The Entire Planet. It's beautiful and the people are nice and the Slovenian's have the word" jedi" in their lexicon. What more could you ask for?

Ben said...

Well, we arrived in Ljubljana this morning (off the overnight train from Vienna, fun!) and so far it seems great. Will try to find out what ˝jedi˝ means. Having trouble dealing with the fact that the kezboard is qwertz rather than qwerty...