Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hearing today, gone tomorrow

Sweet Jesus, I'm prepared to wager there Isn't Anything louder than My Bloody Valentine with the bit firmly between their teeth. Those earplugs would have come in handy tonight, had I made the sensible choice to wear them... There'll be a review posted on here at some point (as if the internet needs another rabidly enthusiastic write-up of their Roundhouse residency), but not until after Glastonbury.

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow, in the form of the fourth installment of the Australia diary - by which time my piercing tinnitus may have made clear it's taking up permanent residence in my ears.

2 comments:

Del said...

as if the internet needs another rabidly enthusiastic write-up of their Roundhouse residency

Oops...

And I bought proper studio earplugs, as I needed to protect my ears, but didn't want to lose the sense of being there. My hearing is my living and all that. From what my friends said, the ones they handed out were pretty crap anyway!

Ben said...

Well, you're obviously excused Del. Just read yours and it makes mine redundant - I'll still do it, mind, because it might be a way of exorcising my tinnitus...