Friday, May 30, 2008

Aussie rules

G'day drongos!

Tomorrow night we fly off to Australia, starting off in Cairns and making our way gradually down the coast to end up in Sydney in a fortnight's time.

Things I'm looking forward to: the breather from the office, the beauty, the beaches, the barbies and the beer.

Things I'm not looking forward to: the snakes, the spiders, the jellyfish, the crocs, the sharks - basically, anything that could bring the holiday to a short, sharp and generally unpleasant end. And the flights, of course.

Unlike our fortnight in New York and Toronto in the autumn, the holiday may well not be blogged live as it happens, but there'll be something in the way of words and pictures when we get back. I should forewarn you, though: the weather is likely to mean you may be exposed to images of my legs in shorts.

Now if you'll excuse me, must dash - I need to give the Nick Cave album another spin, watch 'Crocodile Dundee' one more time and pimp my daft hat with some de rigeur dangling corks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh- just emailed you before coming on here first to check your whereabouts.. turns out you're on the other side of the world already. Suddenly my account of seaside walks on the Wirrall seems slighly underwhelming perspective... have a great time over there, can't wait to see the pictures (and no I'm not just talking about those bare legs that you are going to use to scare off the crocodiles...)

Jonathan