Saturday, November 24, 2007

The heat is on

"I'm too old to be worried about climate change."

"No point."

"I don't believe in it."

"I'm in the Labour Party - we do all that."

"Nature looks after itself."

Just a sample of responses received this morning, when as part of the Big Ask campaign we were asking residents of Whitchurch to sign postcards to put pressure on local MP Julie Morgan to press for a strong Climate Change Bill. I'm not sure which response was most depressing. Thankfully, though, there were plenty of other people who were both informed and concerned enough to sign up - around 80 postcards in an hour and a half isn't bad going at all on a freezing cold November morning.

While I've got my pressure group hat on, I'll do a JonnyB and endorse the Save Our Post Offices campaign in Cardiff. Time for another protest song, I think, Jonny - Bob Dylan doesn't do that kind of thing anymore, and Billy Bragg seems to think he's got bigger fish to fry.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Fuck man, good on you for spending your morning doing this. I donate money to Greenpeace, but that's about all I find the time to do, these days...