Thursday, January 04, 2007

Feel good hits of the 3rd January

1. 'Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind' - Yo La Tengo
2. 'Objects Of My Affection' - Peter Bjorn & John
3. 'Heartbreak Stroll' - The Raveonettes
4. 'Giddy Stratospheres' - The Long Blondes
5. 'El Caminos In The West' - Grandaddy
6. 'On The Beach' - Neil Young
7. 'Schizophrenia' - Sonic Youth
8. 'Old Flame' - The Arcade Fire
9. 'Black Spider' - Mogwai
10. 'Crip To Be Square' - Sweet Baboo

Incidentally, my top five Earworms of 2006 (ie not necessarily 2006 releases), as drawn from a year's worth of Feel Good Hits posts, were as follows:

1. 'You Me Dancing!' - Los Campesinos!
2. 'Getting Bright At Night' - The Icarus Line
3. 'The Greatest' - Cat Power
4. 'Weekend Without Makeup' - The Long Blondes
5. 'Losing My Edge' - LCD Soundsystem

Not surprisingly, none of them made the Top 25 as compiled by Swiss Toni...

(And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about my own increasingly tardy Top 10 Albums Of 2006 list - it's being hastily thrown together as I type. Well, not almost - I'm not quite that good at multi-tasking...)

No comments: