Monday, November 01, 2010

Feel good hits of the 1st November

1. 'Losing My Edge' - LCD Soundsystem
2. 'Cherry Lips' - Archie Bronson Outfit
3. 'Valley Hump Crash' - No Age
4. 'Conversation 16' - The National
5. 'Once In A Lifetime' - Talking Heads
6. 'Sure Shot' - Beastie Boys
7. 'Billie Holiday' - Warpaint
8. 'White Winter Hymnal' - Fleet Foxes
9. 'Scandinavian Love' - Efterklang
10. 'I Can Do That' - The Futureheads

Notes:

1. Hard to believe, but I don't think I'd seen the video for this until researching for the final part of the Glasto write-up.

2. Derdang Derdang (of which 'Cherry Lips' is the first track) is, on first impressions, rather better than this year's Coconut. Malevolent psych-blues ahoy!

4. Come now Mr Berninger, I'm sure you're very nice and don't really want to eat my brains...

5. and 6. Highlights of Saturday's night out in Manchester's Northern Quarter.

7. Thanks to Alison for the introduction - spellbinding stuff.

No comments: