Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quote of the day

"We're like some great big horrible warship pulling in to the Bay of Glastonbury to save the day. It was us or The Beatles and they split up years ago. The previous soldiers got pulled from duty last minute so it's up to my Plastic Beach naval cavalry to sail in and sort the battlefield out. I can assure you though, I'm bringing extra troops. Loads of them. Glastonbury will be ours ... cutlasses drawn, trumpets ready. We're coming in..."

So, one Pyramid Stage headliner that I was going to avoid like the proverbial plague has been replaced by another, spouting just as much bullshit. If anyone can enlighten me as to what's good about Gorillaz, please do.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Well, they have about as many great singles as U2, don't they?

Ben said...

Agreed...