Monday, May 03, 2010

Quote of the day

"'I don't want to sound arrogant, but Judy and I have been careful with our finances and, to be brutally honest, I've got f***-off money.

I simply don't have to do anything I don't want to. Which I realise is an extremely fortunate position to be in.'

Sipping Pimm's in the sun-dappled garden of one of London's most exclusive private clubs, Madeley looks every inch the contented affluent star.

Jeans elegantly faded, expensive shirt unbuttoned at the neck and super-cool wraparound shades complete the picture of a man-about-town at ease with the world. With luxurious homes in London, Cornwall, France and Florida, he has much to smile about.
"

Our TV screens are oozing with gurning oleaginous politicians - an opportune moment for Richard Madeley to remind us that he's eminently more punchable than the lot of them.

No comments: