Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rockin' all over the world Worthy Farm

Well, that was all rather jolly, wasn't it? Glastonbury 2009 passed in a technicolour blur - pretty much the only thing I can be absolutely certain of is that I had a brilliant time, as ever. Also as ever, though, I tried to keep track of the sights, sounds and (yes) smells and if I can read my barely decipherable six-pints-of-Scrumpy scrawl the SWSL review promises to include tales of rock legends and pop tarts, chance and sadly fleeting encounters with friends and fellow bloggers, headdresses and leotards, tit tape and superglue, sore heads and big bottoms, rap and crap, anarcho-punk and Tony Christie, skiffle bands covering 'Eye Of The Tiger' and not one but two versions of 'Rockin' All Over The World', body count bets and ridiculous celebrity death rumours...

Unfortunately, the write-up's going to have to wait a while, though - I'm hardly going to have time to breathe this week, and am off for a fortnight's holiday on Saturday - so apologies in advance for the hiatus.

Here's a bumper Glasto Feel Good Hits special in the meantime...

1. 'Date With The Night' - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
2. 'Stagger Lee' - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
3. 'Stonehenge' - Spinal Tap
4. 'Cinnamon Girl' - Neil Young
5. 'Rockin' All Over The World' - Status Quo
6. 'Priscilla' - Bat For Lashes
7. 'Going Missing' - Maximo Park
8. 'Fix Up, Look Sharp' - Dizzee Rascal
9. 'Mamma Mia' - Bjorn Again
10. 'Objects Of My Affection' - Peter Bjorn & John
11. 'Crusades' - Fucked Up
12. 'White Winter Hymnal' - Fleet Foxes
13. 'Ghost Town' - The Specials
14. 'Guts' - Micachu & The Shapes
15. 'Out Of Space' - The Prodigy

4 comments:

Del said...

Was just writing my 15 tracks when I thought I'd nip over and check out yours...

Plenty of overlap in acts, if not in songs, but variety is the spice of life. Wish I'd seen more of Nick Cave, and any of Fucked Up and The Prodigy, but you can't be everywhere and I stand by my choices!

Del said...

Oh and was lovely to see you! I think we were both a bit too hanging to say anything of note, but I still treasure our annual exchange!

Ian said...

So you did see Neil Young! Can't wait to hear what you thought.

Ben said...

Er, yeah, I did - but not enough. Prepare to read about me eating I-told-you-so pie...