Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Older but not wiser

How to turn 30 and yet feel younger? Simple, really: spend your birthday weekend in the company of younger friends who are not only married and saddled with a mortgage, but who have also very recently become parents...

It was great to meet Ben and Zahra, I'm grateful to Kitty for not being too upset at having her birthday party usurped by someone exactly 29 years older (to be honest, she was too preoccupied playing with boxes and wrapping paper), and thanks to Jenni for driving me back to Oxford on Sunday night when my train back from Birmingham left with me still in Long Eaton knocking back port and whiskey...

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

30? Happy Birthday mate. Sorry I missed it, Facebook usually alerts me to these things. Take it easy.