Saturday, July 01, 2006

The maker's dozen

I've been fortunate enough to take part in the recent Shuffleathon CD exchange expertly organised by Swiss Toni. The idea was for participants to create a CD consisting of twelve tracks that either said something about them or meant something to them personally (or both). Each CD then would then find its way to a different participant for them to comment on.

As yet I haven't received a CD in the post, but as the luck of the draw would have it, the recipient of my CD was ByTheSeaShore, whose site is a regular read of mine. You can read what he made of my concoction here. Suffice to say that it's gratifying that most of the tracks made a positive impression, and pleasantly surprising that the Jesus & Mary Chain track didn't go down like a lead balloon, which I'd imagined it might well do.

So thanks to ByTheSeaShore for his considered thoughts, and also to Swiss Toni, both for organising the Shuffleathon in the first place and for helping me out with the logistics of putting my CD together. (The filesharing site SendSpace is a godsend, if you haven't already discovered it - thanks to Ian for drawing my attention to it.)

There'll be a full run-down of the CD I get in return here as and when it arrives.

No comments: