Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The bill

The Glastonbury line-up was announced yesterday, and to no-one's great surprise the headliners are Coldplay, The White Stripes and Kylie. Perhaps not the strongest bill of recent years, but there's plenty of interest on the Other Stage and newly renamed John Peel Stage.

A selection of bands / artists I will be prepared to wade through waist-deep mud for (and assuming there are no unfortunate clashes):

The Coral
The Futureheads
The White Stripes
Elvis Costello
Bloc Party
Brian Wilson
Interpol
Bright Eyes
Maximo Park
Rilo Kiley
New Order

A selection of bands / artists I will be keen to check out:

M83
The Dears
Art Brut
The Rakes
Hard Fi
Willy Mason
Tom Vek
The Bravery
The Broken Family Band
Nine Black Alps
Dresden Dolls
The Go Team

A selection of bands / artists I will be avoiding like I will be avoiding beanburgers, jugglers and the toilets:

Thirteen Senses
Athlete
Kasabian
Ian Brown

A selection of bands / artists upon whom I promise to pour scorn / urine if I have the misfortune to encounter them:

Jools Holland
The Levellers

No comments: