Friday, September 10, 2004

Quotes of the day

"I write here because I don't want to do it at home. I don't think my family should be subjected to the creative process which is undignified and shouldn't be seen by anyone. It's kind of like closing the door when you use the toilet."

"I do know a lot of people who've gone through a similar thing and denied what has gone before. It's like a born-again thing where you clean up and fall in love and everything that happened before is suddenly worthless. I don't see my life that way at all. You still haul yourself with you, no matter what you've been through. You still have the same difficulties with the world. The fact that your circumstances have changed doesn't necessarily remedy that. You just learn how to duck and weave and not be constantly up against it, and I suppose I've learnt that."

"If I have two years to spare I'll [write another novel]. If I wrote two I'd really be an author - having only written one I'm just some jerk who wrote a book. And the world's full of them already."

Nick Cave talks to the Independent. 47 and still making records full of sound and fury - brilliant. Can't wait for 20th September when his new double LP Abattoir Blues / The Lyre Of Orpheus is released.

(Thanks to Vaughan for the link.)

No comments: