Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Emotion of the day: relief

Just recovering from a stag weekend I'd organised, which actually stretched over into the beginning of this week. All the organisational stuff over which I'd been increasingly fretful in the run-up to the weekend paid off handsomely, particularly the karting (although I kind of wish I'd been MORE organised for Friday night - that way, I wouldn't have allowed myself to be talked into taking the group to Hooters...).

The most important thing is that the groom, one Mr Paul Alan Henry Wakefield, emerged from the weekend physically unscathed (aside from a sizeable hangover) - in possession of a full complement of eyebrows, without any red handcuff marks on the wrists and having remained safely in the country. If only all those who attended could say with a similar degree of certainty that they themselves were psychologically unscathed - the less said about the frankly horrifying combination of hairy-chested 6ft 4ins groom with short purple-sequined dress, stockings and wig, the better...

No comments: